Sardin Masak Lemak Cili Padi (Sardine In Creamy Chili Gravy) Recipe
While the coconut milk gives its desired richness and texture, the fresh turmeric permeates the unique yellow shade.
Servings: 4 person
Cost per serving $0.83 view details
- 2 cans (300g) of sardines (drain out the sauce)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice (or as preferred)
- 1 tomato - sliced
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- 2 stalks coriander leaves - sliced thinly/shredded
- To blend/ground
- 3 bird's eye chilies
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 1 inch galangal/lengkuas
- 1 lemongrass/serai
- 1 inch fresh turmeric/kunyit
- 4 candle nuts/buah keras
- 4 shallots
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 5 garlic
- Blend/ground with water for a smooth paste
- In the heated oil, fry paste till aromatic and oil splits.
- Add tomato and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Simmer till gravy is heated through.
- Add sardines and season with salt.
- Just about 4-5 mins, pour in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Stir all in and remove from heat.
- Lastly, combine in coriander leaves
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 275g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 395||67%|
|Total Fat 45.03g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 15.34g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 6.32g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|