Salzburg potato soup Recipe
Cost per serving $0.75 view details
- 30 g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 40 g celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 50 g beets, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 800 ml beef bouillon from 1 cube
- 2 bay leaves, dried or fresh
- Marjoram, crushed
- 300 ml cream
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sauté in butter for 5 minutes onion, celery, leeks, carrots and beets.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf and marjoram, stir and pour in the beef stock. Bring the soup to the boil.
- Add cream, reduce the flame and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the vegetables into a blender, add some soup and blend until smooth and velvety.
- Stir in the remaining soup, strain through colander.
- Season with pepper and serve with toasted country bread.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 426g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||63%|
|Total Fat 21.42g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 13.27g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.89g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|