Salted Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
Cost per serving $1.66 view details
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon organic butter or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Ice Cream:
- 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 2 egg yolks
- In a small saucepan, heat caramel ingredients on low heat for 5 minutes until there is a low rolling boil around the edge of the mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place coconut milk, raw honey, and vanilla beans in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until everything is well-blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk two egg yolks in a separate bowl. Temper the yolks by adding a small ladle of the ice cream mixture, stirring continuously so as to not “cook” the eggs. Add a second ladle to egg mixture. Once combined, pour this back into the saucepan and stir.
- Add the caramel mixture to the ice cream mixture. Stir until combined. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream mixer as each one may be a little different. Once your main mixture is blended, transfer to a freezing container/lidded bowl. Freeze. After 30-45 minutes, stir mixture again. I think the best stage of “paleo ice cream” is after the first 1-3 hours of freezing.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||59%|
|Total Fat 26.23g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 22.73g||91%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.67g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|