Salsa Ranchera Recipe
Cost per recipe $3.45 view details
- 4 large Roma tomatoes (about 1 lb./1/2 kilo)
- 3 serrano chiles
- 2 tablespoons mild oil
- 1/4 medium onion, small dice
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Roast tomatoes and chiles, either under a broiler, on grill, or on a skillet, turning with tongs to darken all sides.
- While tomatoes and chiles are cooking, sautÃ© onion in oil over low heat until tender and almost translucent. Do not allow to brown. Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Cut out stem ends of cooked tomatoes and cut into quarters. Remove stems and seeds from chiles; cut into quarters. (To remove seeds, spear the chile with a fork, cut in half, and then use the tip of the knive to scrape out the seeds.)
- Blend chiles, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a food processor until roughly pureed, but not completely smooth. Texture is good.
- Add tomatoes and chiles to the hot skillet and continue cooking with onion and garlic. Simmer for 3-5 minutes over a medium-hot flame until slightly thickened.
- Salt to taste and enjoy with tostada chips, spooned over eggs and meats, or with almost anything served on a plate or in a tortilla.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 740g|
|Calories from Fat 253||66%|
|Total Fat 28.65g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 2.25g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 31.2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.1g||30%|