Rotini with Swiss Chard Recipe
Healthy and delicious, this recipe is a stand-out as a vegetarian main dish or side dish. Simple preparation and quick cooking bring this pasta charmer to your table. Bump up nutrition by using whole wheat pasta. Fresh spinach can be subbed for chard.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (or other pasta like fusilli)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound Swiss chard, chopped (I removed thick center veins)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Cook rotini to al dente stage as per container instructions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile sauté garlic in one tablespoon of oil over medium heat in very large skillet for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in Swiss chard, using additional tablespoon oil. Place lid on top and steam 4-5 minutes or until Swiss chard is tender-crisp.
- Mix rotini, salt, pepper and lemon juice into chard mixture folding gently.
- Spoon onto serving platter; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- YIELD: About 4 main dish servings, or 10 side servings.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 264g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||26%|
|Total Fat 9.98g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.55g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.81g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|