Romaine with Toasted Nuts and Seeds Recipe
Cost per serving $1.69 view details
- 3 T whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 T pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 c Romaine (about one head chopped or 1 bag)
- 3/4 c fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 oz goat cheese (I used plain, but you can use herbed or flavored if you'd like)
- In a large skillet, toast the almonds, pepitas, sesame seeds and pinch of red pepper until the nuts and seeds are all lightly toasted and golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together the Romaine with the basil, dill, and cilantro.
- Toss with the dressing you made earlier.
- Top with the toasted nuts and seeds.
- Crumble over the goat cheese before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||75%|
|Total Fat 7.26g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.25g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|