Roasted Shrimp with Dipping Sauce Recipe
- The terms "shrimp" and "prawns" can be confusing. Even scientists often
- use these words inconsistently. Larger shrimp often come from freshwater, are referred
- to as "prawns," while smaller shrimp often come from saltwater habitats, are
- called "shrimp." The size, "large" typically means that you get
- about 40 or less per cooked pound, in comparison to about 50 for
- "medium" and 60 for "small". But from a science perspective, both
- shrimp and prawns can come from saltwater or freshwater, and there is no
- absolute standard for measuring small, medium, or large.
- Often people are confuse about the way shrimp sizes,small, medium, large, jumbo
- are determined. There is no method. Count per pound is the most common method used. Count
- per pound refers to the number of shrimp that you get when you purchase
- or consume one pound. Small cooked shrimp, that number is usually
- around 60. With medium cooked shrimp, it falls to about 50. For large shrimp, the
- count per pound is about 40. For jumbo shrimp the count per pound is
- about 30.
- Warm water shrimp come from tropical waters in southern parts of the
- world, cold water shrimp come from northern climates. Many
- warm water shrimp belong to one specific family called Penaeidae.
- Tiger prawns, tiger shrimp, and Indian prawns are members of this
- family. Many cold water shrimp belong to a second family called Pandalidae.
- Spot shrimp, striped shrimp, dock shrimp, humpback shrimp, Northern
- shrimp, and Northern prawns are members of this second family. You'll
- find white shrimp, pink shrimp, and brown shrimp that come from both
- water warm and cold water regions.
- If you love to dip your shrimp in sauce, give this easy and tasty recipe a try.
- Roasted Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
- Recipe by Christine Lamb (Christine's Pantry), 2015
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and devein
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner