Roasted Pumpkin Seeds | 52 New Foods Challenge Recipe
Cost per serving $0.05 view details
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds. Rinse.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the seeds and boil gently for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the seeds to a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil. Spread into a single, even layer on the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the seeds turn golden brown and begin to pop.
- Before serving, toss the seeds with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Reprinted from The 52 New Foods Challenge: A Family Cooking Adventure for Each Week of the Year, with 150 Recipes by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright (c) Jennifer Tyler Lee, 2014
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 3g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||100%|
|Total Fat 3.38g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.47g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|