Roasted Garlic Garlic Bread Recipe
Garlic, as many of us know is a super-food and ingredient all in it's own. Rich in antioxidants, garlic is also super for maintaining heart health and blood pressure. Garlic also has anti-bacterial as well as antiseptic properties.
Providing robust flavor and body to dishes, garlic should be in any home cook's pantry. Always go for fresh garlic for many reasons. First, the taste of fresh garlic is more pronounced and well rounded. Also, buying fresh helps to eliminate additives, preservatives and sodium that is added to ready to eat jars. Buying fresh garlic is also LESS EXPENSIVE than the pre- chopped and peeled versions per capita!
- 1 bulb roasted garlic paste
- 1 stick butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- olive oil or drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Place bulb halves in a piece of heavy duty foil and season lightly. Wrap loosely. Roast for about 25-30 minutes until fragrant and cloves are soft.
- Let cool enough ton handle and mash with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Mix garlic, butter and parsley together in small bowl and spread equal parts on two halves.
- Place on roasting rack and cook until golden around edges, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle and slice as desired.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 94g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||41%|
|Total Fat 12.56g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.54g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.69g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|