Roasted Butternut Squash Dip Recipe
Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 1 (1 Â½ to 2 pound) small butternut squash
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: Fresh parsley sprigs, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel, seed, and cut butternut squash into 3/4 inch cubes. Place on large baking sheet. Wrap garlic cloves in a piece of aluminum foil. Place on baking sheet with squash. Drizzle squash with 2 tablespoons sesame oil; toss to coat. Roast squash in preheated oven, tossing once, 25-30 minutes or until squash is very tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds in a small pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant and toasted, about 2 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- Place roasted squash and garlic in bowl of food processor fitted with blade. Add tahini, pepper, lime juice, and remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Process until just blended. Place in serving bowl and chill or allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in chopped parsley. Top with toasted sesame seeds and garnish with sprigs of parsley, if desired. Serve with fresh cruditÃ©s or pita chips.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||60%|
|Total Fat 3.38g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.56g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|