Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This roasted broccoli recipe, adapted from the Barefoot Contessa, is really wonderful. It has a lot of flavor. We served it with a mild pasta, and it was just a wonderful combination. Don't be worried by the lemon juice and zest. They impart a subtle flavor that adds a nice dimension to this dish.
- 2 pounds broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp good olive oil (or garlic infused olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1 tbsp julienned fresh basil leaves (about 6 leaves)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, or remove florets from bag. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 4 cups of florets. Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Meanwhile, put one Tbsp olive oil and the remaining ingredients into a serving bowl. Remove the broccoli from the oven when ready and immediately add it to the serving bowl and toss with the ingredients. Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 162g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 127||69%|
|Total Fat 14.5g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.82g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|