Roast Rack Of Pork With Roast Apples Recipe
Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 3 kg loin or possibly rack of pork
- 1 x little oil
- Â Â coarse sea salt
- 1 x eating apple per person
- 1 Tbsp. cornflour
- 300 ml apple juice
- 300 ml light stock
- Twist pcs of foil round any exposed bones to prevent burning.
- Score the skin well.
- Lightly brush the skin with oil.
- Rub in coarse sea salt.
- Place the meat in the large roasting tin. Roast towards the top (as high as it will go) of the roasting oven for 20 min. Move to the bottom set of runners for l li hrs.
- Core the apples.
- Cut in half.
- Lay around the meat cut side up.
- Drizzle over a little oil or possibly baste with meat fat. Return to the oven and roast for a further lili hour till all is well cooked. Remove the foil from the bones.
- Allow the meat to rest in a hot place while making the apple gravy.
- Blend the cornflour and the apple juice. Add in either some meat juices or possibly stock. Bring to the boil in a small pan till a thin light gravy is formed.
- Carve the meat cutting between each pair of ribs.
- Serve with the roast apples and apple gravy.
- A roast is an easy meal to prepare for about 10 people. This dish uses a whole loin of pork now often called a rack. Have the butcher prepare the meat so which carving is easy. The chine bone is best removed.
- Serves 8
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 457g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||21%|
|Total Fat 11.28g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.55g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.71g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|