Roast Leg of Lamb with Vino Cotto (Vincotto) Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $4.14 view details
- 2 pound boneless leg of lamb
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Vino Cotto (vincotto)
- Remove lamb from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to roasting. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Coat a roasting pan and rack with non-stick spray.
- Rinse lamb well under cold water. (NOTE: If the lamb comes in a string sack, leave it on.)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a skillet. Over the skillet, generously season all surfaces of the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb in the skillet and sear all sides over medium-high heat to brown the surface. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the lamb onto the rack inside the prepared roasting pan. Cover and roast for 25-30 minutes per pound. Using a meat thermometer, remove from the oven when the internal temperature reaches between 160-165°F.
- Remove the lamb roast from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over low heat, add vino cotto and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the vino cotto to a gravy boat.
- If applicable, remove the string sack from the cooked lamb before carving.
- Serve with vino cotto drizzled over the lamb.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 187g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 320||70%|
|Total Fat 35.63g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 12.38g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|