Rizogalo-Greek Rice Pudding Recipe
Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 8 Cups Milk (you may use low fat milk, if you like, it does not affect the taste. I used 2%)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice (not instant)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- In a 4 quart sauce pan, bring the water to a boil over medium high heat. Add rice. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Lower heat to low and stir in milk, butter and sugar. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Whip eggs with a fork or whisk. Stir two to three tablespoons of the hot rice mixture into the eggs (so that the eggs do not curdle).
- Pour the egg mixture slowly into the rice, stirring constantly. Add vanilla. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour into dessert dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Refrigerate when cooled. This recipe makes 10 to 12 one cup servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 307g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 155||43%|
|Total Fat 17.44g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.07g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.17g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|