Ricotta-Portabella Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion (this is about half of an onion)
- 4 ounces (about a handful) baby portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings (mixture of basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (this is about half a bunch); ( you can substitute 2 tbsp dried parsley)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- To make filling:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet.
- Saute the onion for about 7-8 minutes over medium-high heat until translucent (and a little soft).
- Add another tablespoon of butter, melt it, and then add the mushrooms, stirring very well.
- Keep the heat at medium-high and stir often for about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, stirring constantly, and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in seasonings and remove from heat.
- Transfer onion/mushroom mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix in the parsley, then add the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Stir well.
- To stuff tomatoes:
- If you are using tomatoes from the vine and want to make a pretty presentation, keep part of the leaf/stem attached to the tomato by snipping with scissors, leaving about an inch.
- Using a serrated knife and a gentle "sawing" motion, cut off the tops of the tomatoes and set them aside.
- Carefully cut along the interior perimeter of the tomato, loosing the pulp, and then "scoop" out the seeds and pulp with a small spoon or your finger.
- Try not to puncture the wall of the tomato.
- Fill each tomato with about a teaspoon of the ricotta mixture, or just enough to make a pretty heap. (Depending on how many tomatoes you use and what size they are, you may have some filling left over.)
- Replace the tomato tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 14 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||63%|
|Total Fat 5.13g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3.16g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.67g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|