Rhubarb Crumble (crunch, crisp or whatever!) Recipe
An old-fashioned dessert that has endless appeal. Whether you call it a crumble, crunch or a crisp - it is delish! Pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and praise will abound. This is my tweaked version of several from the Internet. There are all so many out there, but I think you‘ll like the ease of making this one.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups rhubarb, diced or chopped (about 1.5 lb)
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- (Optional: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream)
- Butter or spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl mix together granulated sugar and cornstarch; stir in rhubarb until well coated. Spread rhubarb in bottom of prepared pan.
- In same bowl as rhubarb was mixed, combine together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
- Spread topping evenly over rhubarb. Bake 40-45 minutes until rhubarb is bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool briefly. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional).
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 108||29%|
|Total Fat 12.3g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.43g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.24g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|