Reuben Hot Dog Recipe
Super fast microwave treat combining Americana and class on a bun. Admittedly I stole the idea from my local hardware store (which happens to have a fine cafe inside it) but I have made it microwave fast. You can be enjoying a gustatorial treat in just minutes.
- 1 Hot Dog
- 1 Fork full Sauerkraut (generous)
- 1 Slice Swiss Cheese (or 3 tbs of grated Swiss)
- 3 tbs Thousand Islands Dressing
- 1 Hot Dog Bun
- Wrap a hot dog in a paper towel and set into microwave.
- Put one large fork full of sauerkraut (canned, bagged or frozen) into a small microwaveable bowl and set next to hot dog.
- Microwave on high for two minutes.
- Place bun on a plate and prepare it to receive a hot dog when done.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bun or sprinkle bun with grated Swiss cheese.
- CAREFULLY unwrap the hot dog and place in bun over cheese.
- Top with Thousand Islands Dressing.
- Cover with sauerkraut.
- Enjoy! And repeat as necessary.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 161g|
|Calories from Fat 336||63%|
|Total Fat 37.86g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 12.58g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.13g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|