Quinoa & Veggie Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe
Cost per serving $1.50 view details
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) eggplant, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) jarred tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen or canned (drained) corn kernels
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 3 min., stirring, until onions are translucent.
- 2. Stir quinoa into saucepan mixture. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 min., or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Add eggplant, zucchini, salsa, corn, oregano and chili powder; continue cooking, stirring gently, about 5 more min. until mixture is moist but not runny; season with salt to taste.
- 3. Stuff each halved pepper with quinoa mixture. Set in lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese. Bake about 25 min., or until peppers are tender-crisp. Broil briefly to brown cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 185g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||43%|
|Total Fat 10.95g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.37g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.56g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|