quick LIMONCELLO light - Version-2 Recipe
I was determined to make my light, lemon-scented liquor in a shorter period of time. Success...Another Super simple and even lighter (less sweet) version. The complete process works out to 21 as opposed to 45 days. Honestly, the difference is only detected if you are a die-hard Limoncello connoisseur.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . > (Metric / American measures) <
- . 3 large lemons (very aromatic)
- . 110g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- . 250ml (1 cup) filtered water
- . 250ml (1 cup) Vodka (40% proof alcohol)
- . > Equipment:
- . large, sterilized glass jar with tight seal
- . sharp knife or vegetable peeler
- . filter funnel
- . cheesecloth
- . big glass bottle and/or mason jars
- . > First WASH LEMONS: soak the lemons in a large bowl filled with water, a generous splash of white vinegar as well as a generous shaking of salt. Carefully wash and scrub any residues from the lemons. Rinse them with cold water and dry thoroughly.
- . > Sweet Syrup: In a medium-sized saucepan mix both the sugar and water. Heat on MEDIUM-LOW for 10 minutes, stirring once and a while. Immediately remove syrup from the heat and have it cool completely (about 90 minutes).
- . Once the syrup is completely cooled > Lemon base: With a very sharp vegetable peeler or knife, VERY carefully peel the lemons by making sure NOT to have the bitter white ‘pith’ of the peel attached. Place all peels into a sterilized BIG glass jar.
- . Infusing: Pour the Vodka and syrup over the lemon peels and seal the jar tightly. Place the jar in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- . Then, after the resting period > Assembly: Through a doubled cheese cloth and funnel filter, pass the liquid and discard the lemon peels. Pour the Limoncello into your chosen sterilized bottle. Store in the refrigerator. It's ready to drink.
- . Serve: Place the glasses in the freezer 5 minutes or so before pouring the Limoncello into the very cold glasses. You'll be pleased you did that little extra step before showing off your homemade liquid gold ;o)
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com