Quick Cranberry, Cherry Pie Recipe
Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 1 can cranberry sauce with whole berries
- 1 can cherry pie filling with whole berries
- 3 heaping T cornstarch
- 1 package of 2, 9" deep dish pre-made pie shells (or make your own)
- (seedless raspberry jam)
- Put out pie crusts to room temperature to thaw for a few minutes.
- Open 2 cans of berries and mix together well in a bowl with well distributed cornstarch.
- Put into one pie crust.
- Dump out the second pie crust on a gently floured table and carefully roll out flat.
- Cut into 1/2" strips and lay over pie filling in a lattice design for the top. 5 strips one way and 5 the other way. you don't even have to weave them underneath each other If you don't want to. Hopefully you'll have some left over dough for a small treat (below).
- Carefully brush water over lattice top and sprinkle sugar all over.
- Bake according to pie crust instructions. When just turning a tiny bit brown take pie out of oven and let cool on a heat safe surface for 15 minutes.. then put in fridge to further cool and get a good gel. (If you cut into it too soon it will not hold up.)
- Oh yes, the Raspberry Jam.
- If you have any left over crust dough, roll it out again and cut (with a glass) cookie rounds. Brush with water and sugar them.
- Bake in same oven but watch carefully and take them out as soon as they show the slightest bit of browning. Only a few minutes. Let them cool. Now put the Raspberry Jam on top and they are really a good surprise treat for you or the little ones for pre-pie eating.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 183g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.92g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|