Quick Cooking Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 TBLS. cornstarch
- 3 TBLS. organic agave
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBLS. Smart Balance (or butter)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- Sift the cocoa powder and the cornstarch in a large microwave bowl and blend together with a fork.
- Next slowly pour in the milk and, using a fork, stir well to break up any lumps and then stir in the agave.
- Add in the butter.
- Microwave on 100% power for 4 minutes. Keep a watchful eye on it and if it's bubbling into a very high mound after 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, take it out and stir well then continue cooking.
- After the 4 minutes stir well by folding the mixture into the center, then stir in the chocolate chips and cook another 2 minutes checking that it doesn't bubble over. If bubbling too much stir well if needed and continue for the remainder of the 2 minutes.
- The mixture should be a creamy, slightly thickened consistency and it should have a bit of shine to it.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill a few hours and serve with non-dairy topping, or whipped cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||62%|
|Total Fat 20.54g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 13.12g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 21.72g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|