Quick and Easy Chicken Apple Salad Recipe
When time is short this main dish salad is a cinch, and ingredients are often right in the fridge and pantry. Full of crunch and goodness, this one's perfect for summertime....or anytime. The ranges of dressing ingredients give you leeway to adjust it to your tastes.
- 2 12-ounce cans chicken breast meat
- 2 apples of your favorite tartness and crispness
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Drain chicken; reserve broth for other use. Place chicken n large mixing bowl and chunk or shred meat apart with 2 forks.
- Wash but do not peel apples; core and chop.
- Add apples, celery and grapes to chicken and toss lightly.
- In small bowl stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice and sugar. Stir into chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve in bowl to pass, or on lettuce leaf-lined salad plates.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||91%|
|Total Fat 20.39g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.83g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.71g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|