Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Risotto is a class of Italian dishes of rice cooked in broth to a creamy consistency. The broth may be meat, fish, or vegetable-based. Many types of risotto contain Parmesan cheese, butter, and onion. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
Risotto is normally a primo (first course), served on its own before the main course, but risotto alla milanese, pronounced [ɾiˈzɔtːo alːa milaˈneːze], is often served together with ossobuco alla milanese.
- 1 1/4 Lbs. Fresh Pumpkin, Cut Into 1/2-inch Cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the pieces of pumpkin in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, place in a baking dish and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender and golden. Turn the pumpkin pieces halfway through the cooking time.
- Heat the stock and 3 cups water in a saucepan, cover and keep at a low simmer.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and rosemary; cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is cooked but not brown. Add the rice and stir to coat. Stir in the wine for 2 - 3 minutes, or until absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the stock, stirring constantly over medium heat until all the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly for 20 minutes, or until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir in the pumpkin, butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 256g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||27%|
|Total Fat 11.64g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.78g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 57.21g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|