Pumpkin Nut Bread with Streusel Topping Recipe
The comforting smell of fall and winter is in the air as you bake this crunchy and moist pumpkin spice bread. Make the whole loaf for the family or divide into smaller loaf pans for gifting. I love to have an extra loaf in the freezer for those days you just "need something."
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (cold/firm)
- NUT BREAD:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or sub 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, cloves and allspice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin (canned or fresh cooked/mashed)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Grease bottom and sides of 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan (or a combination of smaller loaf pans as desired to equal batter volume.) Set aside.
- For STREUSEL TOPPING combine brown sugar and flour in small bowl. Using pastry blender, cut in cold butter til mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- For NUT BREAD batter stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- In medium size bowl beat eggs; add sugar, oil, and pumpkin, blending well.
- Stir pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, blending well (dough will be thick.)
- Fold in nuts and spread batter into prepared pan(s). Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over top of batter; tamp lightly to firm. Bake large loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 55-65 minutes or until cake tester is clear of dough when tested in center of loaf (for smaller pans or dark pans adjust baking time accordingly.)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 94||42%|
|Total Fat 10.68g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 29.94g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|