Primal Power Bone Broth Recipe
Get Your Missing Food Group with My Primal Power Bone Broth. The ultimate beef stock.
Servings: 10 Cups
Cost per serving $0.18 view details
- 4 pounds grass-fed beef bones, including marrow bones and bones with a little meat left on them. I like to use a mix of ribs, knuckle bones, oxtail and neck bones.
- 4 chicken feet (for extra collagen)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, quartered and peeled
- 1 head garlic, skin removed
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the beef bones on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until well browned, about a half hour.
- Place roasted bones in a large stock pot along with chicken feet and vinegar. Add enough cold water to cover by 3 inches.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce temperature to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours. Occasionally, you’ll want to remove the scum that floats to the top.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for another 9 to 12 hours.
- Remove meat and bones with a slotted spoon. Pour broth through a strainer into a large heat-proof container.
- Use your bone sock for soups, stews, sauces or meat gravy. Or drink it like a tea.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 53g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||6%|
|Total Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.87g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|