Prawn And Spinach Sodhi (Coconut Gravy) Recipe
Creamy turmeric flavored gravy with succulent prawns inside.
Servings: 3 person
Cost per serving $1.67 view details
- 15 medium size prawns - remove head and vein, leave the tail on
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 cup water (if you like to add)
- 1 bunch (100g) bayam/spinach - cut off roots, wash and cut into 1 inch length
- 1 (100g) onion - sliced thinly
- 2 green chillies - remove seed and cut into 1 inch length
- 1 (100g) tomato - sliced thinly
- 1 tsp fenugreek (halba) seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Into a pot, add coconut milk, onion, tomato, green chillies and fenugreek seeds.
- (Note: water if you want to dilute the gravy)
- Simmer over low heat.
- When heated through, add prawns, curry leaves and salt.
- Continue to simmer to half cook prawns.
- Put in the spinach leaves, stir, simmer for another 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- (Note: do not overcook prawns because they will shrink up and become rubbery)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 323g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 277||80%|
|Total Fat 33.04g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 28.68g||115%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.63g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|