Potluck Cheeseburger Mac Recipe
We were invited to a potluck at our community center and asked what we should bring. The resounding vote was: meat! Spending the afternoon with our friends and neighbors is always fun and we wanted to do something everyone would love. We mixed lots of super lean, top quality ground beef with sharp cheddar cheese and elbow macaroni. For just the right spice kick we used Swimmin’ in Smoke Booyah Beef Seasoning Rub. It was a huge hit.
- 5 lb. Fresh ground beef 93/7
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tablespoons Swimmin’ in Smoke Booyah Beef Seasoning
- ¼ cup dried minced garlic
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 1 cup fresh green onions, sliced
- 2 14 ½ oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes
- In large cast iron Dutch oven cook beef until no longer pink. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cooking Directions: Pacific Living Outdoor Oven
- Cooking on the Pacific Living Outdoor Oven is a snap. If you are going to use the smoke box fill it up first with either wood chips or pellets. I like Lumberjack pellets because there are so many different kinds and low ash. (Easy clean up.)
- Turn on the propane tank. Open the oven door so you can see and hear when the burner lights. Turn the control knob to the high position and hold it in. At this time press the igniter button. You’ll be able to hear and see the burner light. Continue to hold the control knob for about 10 seconds for the burner to get hot.
- Close the door and preheat the oven to your desired temp. You may have to adjust it up or down until you reach your temperature. But, once you hit it the oven will hold it. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees (177c).
- For indoor oven directions check out our website
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 334g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 412||47%|
|Total Fat 46.03g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 21.07g||84%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.69g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|