Potato Salad Recipe: My Italian Potato Salad Recipe
Remember that seen in the movie Goodfella’s where they open the movie at a picnic and Pauly is sitting there eating a sandwich? Yeah of course you remember! Well what you didn’t see in the film was that there was a plate sitting next to him on the ground and on that plate was some of my Potato Salad Recipe! Here’s the deal: “Everyone pays tribute to Pauly!” Well my Potato Salad Recipe is and was my way of paying tribute to Pauly!
- 3 Lbs. red potatoes cut in half.
- 1 medium red onion finely diced.
- 8 ounces of cooked bacon. I use bacon ends and pieces because there is more meat then regular bacon strips.
- 1 Jar of roasted red bell peppers drained and chopped rough.
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Capers drained.
- 4 Cloves of finely minced garlic or more to taste. 2 Tsp. to 1 Tbsp. of granules to taste if you donât have fresh garlic. I used granules.
- 1 Cup of green olives.
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup finely sliced basil leaves or 1 Tbsp. dry basil.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley.
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. Dried crushed oregano bulbs.
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup of olive oil your preference for dressing consistency.
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar.
- 2 to 4 Anchovies or more to taste.
- 4 Hard boiled eggs.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 Tsp. dried Rosemary.
- 1 Tsp. dried Thyme.
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. of red pepper flakes.
- 1/2 Cup sliced black olives.
- 1. You will need a large sauce pot or stock pot to cook the potatoes.
- 2. Cut your potatoes in half cook them for 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are just tender but firm.
- 3. Pour potatoes into a colander and allow the potatoes to cool they will still be cooking while they are cooling.
- 4. While potatoes are cooking go ahead and cook your bacon in a saute pan or skillet until crispy.
- 5. When bacon is done remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate with paper towels to soak up excess grease.
- 6. Now take your olive oil and pour it into a bowl.
- 7. Add anchovies to the oil and mash them into the oil until dissolved into oil.
- 8. Now add your garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix together with a fork or whisk.
- 9. Now add your bacon, capers, red onion, chopped red peppers to the dressing and mix well.
- 10. Put your potatoes into large non-metallic bowl and pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix well with your hands or gently with a rubber spatula. You can then either chill the Potato Salad Recipe or you can serve it immediately! Enjoy!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 379g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 549||74%|
|Total Fat 61.42g||77%|
|Saturated Fat 11.82g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.51g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|