Potato & peas dry curry Recipe
"This is usually made as a gravy curry, but I like to make it dry too. It tastes as good and goes well with Roti, naan or just plain rice. Not many ingredients go into this dish yet this is full of flavour and very satisfying."
Cost per serving $0.51 view details
- 2 Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Indian Garam Masala (if you don't have garam masala,use plain indian curry powder-it will taste as good)
- 2 tsp coriander chopped, for garnishing
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Boil potatoes and peas separately for 10-15 minutes or till soft and tender but not mushy.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.Let it splutter
- Add turmeric and onions and saute well.Add green chillis and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes and peas and mix well. Sprinkle the garam masala / curry powder and salt and fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve this with hot and steaming Indian basmati rice, naan or put inside bread to make sandwiches.
- Alternatively, make roti wraps,with some tomato sauce and chopped fresh vegges thrown in.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||40%|
|Total Fat 7.43g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 22.15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|