Potato Chip Coated Baked Onion Rings Recipe
Cost per serving $1.86 view details
- One Large White Vidalia Onion (Sliced Thick-1/8")
- 6 ounce bag Potato Chips (of your choice, I use plain Lays)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- one teaspoon Sea Salt
- one teaspoon black pepper
- In a shallow bowl add buttermilk and black pepper (stir to mix), add slice by slice of Vidalia onion into the buttermilk
- In a shallow plate add crushed potato chips (I usually hand crushed them tending to keep some larger crushed pieces)
- Place coated onion rings on a non stick rimmed baking sheet pan(s) and place into a hot 425 F Oven. Keep any eye on them at the 8 minute mark. You want them golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add salt, if desired
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: You can opt to use BBQ chips, sour cream 'n onion, Mesquite, et cetera
- Optional serving sauce: 2 tablespoons ketchup, one tablespoon mayonnaise, one teaspoon relish, stir and serve.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 212g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 286||56%|
|Total Fat 32.49g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 9.67g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.61g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|