Portabello Mushroom Meatless Burger Recipe
I developed this as an alternative for vegetarian friends at a bar-b-q. It was such a hit, that the meat-lovers were clamoring for it too. Much better than those "meatless patty" hamburger substitutes made from chemicals and mystery ingredients!
Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- Rinse mushrooms thoroughly.
- Drizzle with olive oil, rub gently onto both sides
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Grilling time approximately matches a standard hamburger patty of the same diameter and thickness. You want it to be a little further off the fire than the meat to prevent burning, and watch carefully. Average cooking time is 2 - 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favorite burger fixings (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, mustard, mayo, ketchup, etc.)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 83g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||44%|
|Total Fat 1.85g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.26g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.13g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|