Pork Chop & Vegetable Foil Packet Dinners for Grilling & Cookouts Recipe
Foil pouches cook meal-in-one dinners for cookouts, camping and RV. Simple prep, quick cooking and easy cleanup guarantee the chef can enjoy company with few distractions. This light and healthy meal, low in fat and calories, is nonetheless satisfying. As a grilled foil packet method, it lends easily to other interpretations and substitutions. Apple slices or pineapple could be used in place of carrots; skinless boneless chicken breast halves in place of pork. Sliced sweet potatoes in place of tiny red potatoes.
- 8 tiny new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin bite size strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in thin diagonal slices
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Divide potatoes placing cut side down in middle of four 18" x 12" heavy-duty foil rectangles. Top each with a few of the onion rings.
- Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Lay chops on top of onion rings.
- Top each chop with a few of remaining onion rings, pepper strips and carrots.
- Combine chicken broth, mustard and thyme in small bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the broth mixture evenly over each chop and vegetable stack.
- Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose pork chops and vegetables, forming a tent with space for steam to build.
- For gas grill, preheat grill then reduce to medium heat. Place foil packets on grill rack over heat. Cover and cook for 30 - 35 minutes, turning packets twice, until chops are slightly pink in centers and juices run clear, (160 degrees F.) For charcoal grill, grill packets on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals, turning and cooking to doneness as indicated above.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 607g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||11%|
|Total Fat 5.27g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 74.34g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.0g||30%|