Pongal with Tomato Chutney Recipe
Pongal is the most delicious form of Khichdi with lots of peppers, cashwenuts and ghee
Cost per serving $0.49 view details
- 2 cup white rice
- 1 cup yellow moong dal(split moong dal)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 teaspoon whole pepper corns
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 4-5 curry chopped leaves)
- 4 tablespoons halved cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- In a pan,roast the moong dal for 10 minutes. Donât over roast it.
- Wash rice.
- Mix rice with moong dal.
- Transfer it to pressure cooker.
- Add 8 cups of water and salt.
- Let it cook for 4 whistles.
- In another pan, heat oil and add pepper corns. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add cumin seeds, asafetida, chopped ginger, pepper powder and curry leaves.
- Mix everything well. Let it fry for 2 mints. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- In another pan heat ghee.
- Add cashewnuts. Fry till they become brown in color. Keep them aside.
- Once moong dal and rice is cooked, add the roasted spices and ghee.
- Finally add cashewnuts.
- Mix everything and add more ghee for that extra taste and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||44%|
|Total Fat 31.2g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 9.92g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 78.49g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|