Polish Rugelach Recipe
hope you enjoy these delightful little pleasures as much as my family and I have! Serve with tea or a good cup of coffee !
Enjoy with so much love!
Servings: 64 cookies
Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Â½ cup sugar
- 2 Â¾ all purpose flour
- Â¾ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries and raisins mixed
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts or almonds
- Â½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- For dough: Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl until light. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Mix in flour. Gather dough into ball and gently knead until smooth. Gather into ball and flatten wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour. When ready, divide dough into four pieces.
- For filling: Combine Â¾ cup sugar, cranberries walnuts, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa powder in food processor and give it a few good chops. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 dough piece on floured work surface. Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Spread 3 tablespoons filling over round, leaving Â½ - inch border. Cut round into 1/8 in. wedges. Starting at wide end of each wedge, roll up tightly and completely to tip.
- Place cookies, tip pointing down, on ungreased baking sheet and form into crescents. Repeat with 3 more dough disks and filling. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining 4 disks.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 64 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||70%|
|Total Fat 6.01g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.53g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|