Poached Pears With Grand Marnier Custard Sauce Recipe
Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 2 lg. lemons
- 4-6 slightly under ripe pears (Bartlett, Comice, Anjou or possibly Bose)
- 3 c. cool water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece vanilla bean
- Thin strips orange zest
- Grand Marnier Custard Sauce
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with whisk in medium saucepan till light in color, about 5 min.
- Scald heavy cream and half & half in separate saucepan. Stir warm cream gradually into egg yolks. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat till sauce thickens and coats a spoon; don't allow to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in Grand Marnier and orange zest. Cold to room temperature. Chill covered till cool.
- POACHED PEARS: Squeeze juice from 1 1/2 of the lemons; measure and reserve 3 Tbsp. of the juice. Add in remaining juice to large bowl of cool water. Using corer or possibly small, thin-bladed knife core one pear, leaving stem intact, through the blossom end. Pare and place in acidulated water, repeat with remaining pears.
- Mix 3 c. water, vanilla and sugar in non-corrodible saucepan large sufficient to hold all the pears. Heat, stirring frequently, over medium heat till sugar dissolves and liquid begins to boil. Stir in reserved lemon juice. Drain pears and place in simmering syrup. Cook uncovered, carefully turning pears occasionally, over medium heat till tender, 35 to 45 min.
- Remove from heat. Cut 4 very thin slices for the remaining lemon half. Add in to poaching liquid. Cold to room temperature. Chill covered till cool. Remove pears with slotted spoon to individual dessert plates; spoon custard sauce over pears; garnish with orange zest.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 268g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||19%|
|Total Fat 5.95g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.35g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.06g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|