Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Mousse Cake Pt 1 Recipe
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 c. Granulated sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 12 Tbsp. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 c. Water
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Powdered gelatin
- 1 lb Lowfat milk chocolate, finely minced
- 2 c. Heavy cream
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. Smooth peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. Heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Light corn syrup
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 c. Confectioners' sugar
- Â Â Minced roasted peanuts
- Â Â Melted dark chocolate
- YIELD: 12 servings DIFFICULTY:** PREPARATION: 1 1/2 hrs plus baking and freezing times.
- Make the peanut butter cake:1.Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 11 1/2 - by l7 1/2-inch jelly roll pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment. Lightly dust the sides with flour, tapping out the excess.
- 2.Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the lowfat milk, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3.In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, water and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till the butter melts and the mix comes to a boil.
- 4.Add in the lowfat milk mix to a saucepan and stir till blended. Remove from the heat and add in the flour in 2 additions, whisking till smooth.
- 5.Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 min till the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- 6.Cold in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Make the lowfat milk chocolate mousse:1.Combine the water and gelatin in a small heatproof bowl and let stand for 5 min to soften the gelatin.
- 2.Place the bowl of gelatin over a saucepan with sufficient water to come halfway up the side of the bowl. Heat the gelatin over warm, not simmering water for 3 to 4 min till completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat. Leave the bowl containing the gelatin in the warm water till ready to use.
- 3.Heat the chocolate according to the directions in the Chocolate Melting Tips. Set aside to cold.
- 4.In a large, chilled bowl, using a handheld electric mixer set at medium-high speed, whip the cream till soft peaks begin to create.
- Chill till needed.
- 5.In a large bowl of an electric mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the Large eggs and the sugar till blended. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and place over a pot of warm water. The bottom of the bowl must not touch the water. Cook over medium high heat, whisking constantly for 3 to 5 min till the granules of sugar have dissolved and the egg mix has reached 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Return the bowl to the mixer stand and heat at medium high speed till the mix is thick and pale and tripled in volume.
- 6.Remove the egg mix from the mixer stand, and using a wire whisk, quickly whisk in the dissolved gelatin. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cooled, melted chocolate into theegg/gelatin mix.
- 7.Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the egg mix to lighten it, then fold all of the egg mix into the remaining whipped cream.
- Assemble the cakes:1.Carefully invert the peanut butter cake onto a cutting board.
- continued in part 2
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner