Peanut and Vegetable Linguine Recipe
A recipe for a meatless Monday meal of healthy whole grain pasta, fresh vegetables and peanuts for a bit of Mediterranean cuisine.
Adapted from The Cook's Encyclopedia of Vegetarian Cooking, Linda Fraser, 2001, p 140 "Peanut Noodles."
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com.
All rights reserved.
- 7 ounces of whole grain linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small to medium zucchini cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley, basil and cilantro
- 8 black olives, sliced
- Prepare linguine to the package instructions and drain well.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger until softened.
- Add the chopped vegetables, cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted peanuts.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing, adding all the dressing ingredients, except herbs and olives.
- Whisk together.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables.
- Pour the dressing, olives and herbs over pasta and vegetables.
- Toss together to blend flavors; heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 546||71%|
|Total Fat 61.08g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 8.69g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.1g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|