Pasta Primavera Recipe
Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 6 ounces dried linguine or fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup bias-sliced carrots (2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pea pods
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cashews or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of the margarine or butter. Stir in broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in pea pods. Cook 2 minutes more. Stir in cooked linguine, the remaining 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, cashews or almonds, wine or broth, thyme, and pepper. Cover and cook 1 minute more. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 77g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 74||39%|
|Total Fat 8.53g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.01g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.78g|
|Total Carbs 21.64g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|