pao de batata Recipe
a friend of mind teaches me how to make a bread with a mixture of bread and potato. its a new experience to taste the combination of both. a bit hard to make need lots of patience specially kneading time but its worth it when its cook already... yummy soft and fuller bread ever good for tea time.... hope u'll like it too
- 5-6 medium size potato, peeled, boiled till soft, drained and mashed
- 1 kg plain flour
- 21/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cubes fermento biologico fresco or fresh yeast
- 1 cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- and extra flour may used in kneading the dough
- - season the mashed potato with a pinch of salt. mix well.
- - in a big bowl, put the season mashed potato together with the eggs, sugar, butter, and oil. mix well. set aside.
- - in a pot, heat up the milk and when nearly boiling add the yeast and let it cook for 1 minute.
- - remove from fire and add it up to the potato mixture and mix well till well blended.
- - add the flour and mix all together till well blended and forms a dough.
- - using the hands, knead the dough in a work place, add flour so it wont be sticky and mashy.
- - knead the dough until its not mushy and the texture is good already.
- - set aside cover with a cloth till it double it size.
- - knead it again just add flour if u think the dough is still wet in texture.
- - cut it to 8 equal size.
- - knead individually and shape it a long dough and shape it in a bun shape or pig in a whole shape.
- - preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- - grease the pan and arrange the bread in it and cook for 45 mins or until ( when u prick in a toothpick and comes out clean) for 240 deg C
- - when cook cool down in a rack and brush in a mixture of milk and sugar or just condense milk to glisten the color. serve hot or cold.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 450g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||10%|
|Total Fat 14.96g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.36g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.28g|
|Total Carbs 303.89g||81%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|