Panko Crusted Baked Tilapia Recipe
So I didn't find a recipe I liked for this and had to bungle my way through it alone. But it turned out pretty darned good! Nice crispy crunch, and baked without using a batter of egg or milk. If you have an alternative way please share!
Cost per serving $2.03 view details
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Seasonings of choice (*see suggestions below)
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia filets (about 6 ounces each - I used Costco's frozen tilapia and partially thawed them)
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges to serve (optional)
- Season melted butter with your choice of spices/herbs* (I used 3 minced garlic cloves and a shake or so of paprika, salt and pepper.) Allow seasonings to infuse butter for 15 minutes. Place Panko in a shallow dish.
- Set oven at 425 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with canola oil (I used the dark bottom of my broiler pan to draw heat and cook fish quicker than a shiny pan.) When oven is at 425, preheat the pan 5-7 minutes.
- Wash tilapia and pat dry. Brush both sides well with butter (or dip and shake excess off), then coat with Panko, covering and pressing firmly into fish (I had leftover crumbs ~ but rather that than too little, right?)
- Arrange fish on hot baking pan; drizzle some of the leftover butter over each.
- Bake 8 minutes or until tops are golden brown; turn filets over carefully and continue baking 7 or more minutes until nicely browned and fish flakes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 180||39%|
|Total Fat 20.41g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 11.52g||46%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.88g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|