Pan Roasted New York Steak with Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Try this with my Green Garlic Aioli and Shaved Vegetable Salad; a perfect meal for two. It's very important to use high quality, organic and local ingredients when possible.
- New York Steak:
- 2 each New York Steak, 10 ounce portions
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 each Yukon Gold potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Potatoes: Simmer potatoes in salted water until tender, then cut into quarters lengthwise. Put aside.
- New York Steak: Season the New York steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a medium saute pan. When hot, add the canola oil and sear steaks, 3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the pan and add the cooked and quartered Yukon Gold potatoes. Cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place the potatoes on the plate, arrange a small salad (see Shaved Vegetable Salad recipe) next to it. Slice the steak thinly and fan the pieces over the salad. Garnish with a dollop of aioli (see Green Garlic Aioli recipe) and serve the rest on the side.