Pan Fried Moi With Black Bean Cake And Crispy Plantain Recipe
Cost per serving $0.96 view details
- 2 c. Black turtle beans cooked, and
- Â Â roughly grnd
- 1/2 c. Seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c. Minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Ancho chili pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 6 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 4 x Moi fillets, skin on pin bones removed
- Â Â (or possibly substitute English sole)
- 1 x Hard plantain peeled, and
- Â Â sliced very thin
- Â Â Peanut oil for deep-frying
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- In a medium-size mixing bowl mix the beans, tomato, cilantro, cumin, ancho chili pwdr, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and form into 4 even-sized cakes. In a medium-size teflon saute/fry pan heat a small amount of vegetable oil and brown off both sides and keep hot in the oven till the Moi is done.
- In the same saute/fry pan, heat a little more oil and saute/fry the Moi, skin-side down first. Deep-fry the plantain slices, season with salt and set aside.
- Serve the Moi with the black bean cakes and garnish with fried plantains and cilantro.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 81g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 192||75%|
|Total Fat 21.84g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 1.67g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.53g|
|Total Carbs 16.34g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|