Oven Brisket with Au Jus Recipe
Cost per serving $7.03 view details
- 4-6 lb. trimmed brisket
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 packet Lipton's dry onion soup mix
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup water
- grilled onions and peppers
- 1 recipe cheese sauce (see links)
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Rub garlic on brisket, lay fat side up in a baking pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover tightly with foil and bake one hour per pound.
- Check for doneness. Meat should easily pull apart.
- Remove brisket and let cool.
- Stain the au jus veggies and discard.
- Put au jus in fridge. Fat will form at the top. Skim and discard.
- Shred beef and put on haogie rolls or French bread, and serve with au jus in dipping bowls.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 307g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 257||65%|
|Total Fat 28.47g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 9.15g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.48g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|