Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Easy to prepare, lower calorie version of this dish. For maximum tenderness, I recommend brining the breasts in 2 qts. water and 1/2 C table salt for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and rinsing them in cold water for several minutes. Or, take a kitchen mallet or rolling pin and put the whammy on 'em.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 C your favorite spaghetti sauce, or more
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 C Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, or use plain and add 1 tsp. dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan
- garnish: paprika
- Prepare breasts by preferred method and dry the,
- Place beaten egg in one plate and breadcrumbs, to which garlic powder has been added, in another.
- Dredge them in egg, then breadcrumbs, then place in foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and pour sauce on top, add Parmesan, then Mozzarella.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on pasta.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||40%|
|Total Fat 20.98g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10.49g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 31.35g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|