Open Faced Peach Mango Cobbler w/Crystallized Ginger Recipe
Peaches and mangoes are wonderful and bright with natural, juicy sweetness, unmatched by many. This cobbler is a little more figure friendly in that there is only one crust as opposed to the traditional two. Ginger makes a notable appearance in this recipe for a natural spiciness and the luxury of being one of the super spices and high in antioxidants. This is what I like to call a 'lazy cobbler' in that the effort is minimal with a store bought, roll out crust and the reward is great!!
- 4 fresh peaches, sliced
- 2 mangoes, sliced and mashed through a sieve
- juice of half of lemon
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. crystallized ginger
- 1 roll out pie crust
- pinch kosher
- milk, for brushing crust
- Place peaches and mango puree in a medium bowl. Squeeze in lemon.
- Toss brown sugar, cornstarch and salt together until they form small, even granules and blend with fruit.
- Using a heavy duty piece of foil, press into a 10 inch cast iron skillet and coat with a small amount of butter.
- Un-roll pie crust over skillet and gently press into pan. Pour in fruit mixture.
- Fold excess dough onto fruit and gently brush pastry with milk using a pastry brush or silicone baster. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger and dot with butter pieces.
- Bake until golden and and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, then lift foil and all to a serving plate.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||26%|
|Total Fat 4.47g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.63g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|