Olive Oil Chicken and Veggies Recipe
Cost per serving $3.15 view details
- One 5 1/2 to 6 Pound Roasting Chicken
- 1/3 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 1/2 Pound Baby Carrots
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 6 Medium Yellow Potatoes
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Remove giblets from chicken. Rinse and dry well. Season the cavity of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- 3. Place chicken in large roasting pan.
- 4. Brush with the two tablespoons of olive oil and season with the one teaspoon of rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 5. Clean the head of garlic. If the cloves are small, leave them whole. If the cloves are large, slice in half lengthwise.
- 6. Clean the onion and cut into eighths.
- 7. Rinse and dry the yellow potatoes. No need to peel yellow/golden potatoes. Cut into eighths.
- 8. Rinse and dry the baby carrots.
- 9. Place the third cup of olive oil into a large bowl. Add spices and herbs and whisk well.
- 10. Add the vegetables and toss to coat.
- 11. Arrange the prepared veggies around the chicken.
- 12. Place chicken and vegetables on middle rack in oven.
- 13. Roast, uncovered for about an hour and one half. Baste the chicken occasionally with pan juices.
- 14. Chicken is done when meat thermometer registers 170 degrees when inserted into thigh.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 816g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 946||62%|
|Total Fat 105.73g||132%|
|Saturated Fat 24.62g||98%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.87g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||29%|