Okra Salad Recipe
This is our last picnic recipe for June. We have really enjoyed serving up items that are summertime-friendly and hope you make this and several other recipes. Post us a comment and let us know which ones you’ve tried!
Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 12 oz okra
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- Wash okra, remove tips and stems, slice 1/8th â thick.
- Heat medium sized skillet on med-high.
- Spray pan generously with oil and add okra.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Finely dice seeded red pepper and onion. Put in a bowl.
- Add cooked okra to pepper and onion mix.
- Drain tomatoes, add and mix well.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Makes 5 cups
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||5%|
|Total Fat 0.23g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.67g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|