Octopus and calamari Salad with lemon confit dressing Recipe
delicious seafood salad
Cost per serving $6.75 view details
- For dressing:
- 10 lemons
- 10 lemon thyme sprigs
- 3 Â½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Â½ cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 pieces aluminum foil (10â x 10â)
- For salad:
- 1 red bell paper, roasted and julienned
- 1yellow paper, roasted and julienned
- 1/4 lb borlotti beans
- 4 frisee heads, washed and pulled apart
- 1/4 lb baby arugula
- 1 lb baby calamari, cleaned and cut into 1/2â rings, tentacles intact
- 1 lb baby octopus, cleaned and trimmed into bite size pieces, tentacles intact
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 T pink peppercorn
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 whole shallots, sliced
- For the dressing, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap each lemon with one lemon thyme sprig in one piece aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped lemons on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove lemons from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- Unwrap lemons and cut in half. Scoop pulp from lemons into a large bowl with a large spoon and discard skins.
- Mash pulp with a fork or spoon and strain through a sieve.
- In a mixing bowl, combine strained lemon pulp, shallots, garlic and a bit of salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil into mixture while whisking to create and emulsified vinaigrette. Taste and season as desired.
- For the salad, in a large pot, bring 4 cups water, white wine, pink peppercorn, bay leaves and shallots to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add octopus and poach for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook borlotti beans according to package directions until al dente. Let cool.
- As beans and octopus cook, season calamari with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 T oil in sautÃ© pan over high heat. When oil is about to smoke, add calamari and sautÃ© for 15 seconds until tender. Set aside.
- When calamari, octopus and beans are still warm, toss with remaining ingredients and dressing until evenly mixed.
- Arrange on 8 salad plates. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 323g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 849||86%|
|Total Fat 95.98g||120%|
|Saturated Fat 13.41g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.74g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|