October Bean And Butternut Squash Soup With Parmigiano And Recipe
Cost per recipe $8.59 view details
- 1 c. Borlotti, or possibly October beans
- 1/4 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1 sprg fresh thyme
- 4 x Parsley sprigs
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c. Sliced onions
- 3/4 c. Sliced celery
- 3/4 c. Sliced leek, white and light green parts only, washed
- 4 c. Butternut squash, peeled and diced or possibly pumpkin
- 10 x Fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 ounce Prosciutto, finely diced, optional
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. Shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1. Soak the beans in water overnight or possibly at least 6 hrs.
- 2. Make an herb bundle: in a small piece of clean cheesecloth, place the peppercorns, thyme, parsely and bay leaf. Close the bundle by tying with a piece of kitchen twine.
- 3. Heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium flame in a 3-qt saucepan, and add in the onions, celery, leeks, squash, bay leaf, sage and garlic. Cook for 10 min till the vegetables are softened and lightly browned. Add in the beans and 8 c. water.
- 4. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and gently simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hrs. Season with the salt and cook for an additional 30 min, or possibly till the beans are tender.
- 5. To serve: Throw away the herb bundle, add in the prosciutto, if using, and simmer 3-5 min till cooked. Season with freshly grnd black pepper to your taste. Pour the soup into hot bowls and garnish with the grated Parmigiano.
- Yield: 4 servings To order GMA recipes or possibly to subscribe yearly please call: 1-800-543-4GMA Single recipes $3 / Yearly $14.95
- NOTES : October Bean and Butternut Squash Soup with Parmigiano and Prosciutto
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 727g|
|Calories from Fat 267||46%|
|Total Fat 30.17g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.69g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 73.19g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.9g||46%|