Oatmeal Saucepan Cookies Recipe
Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Optional Variation - 4 ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a medium-large saucepan combine butter, granulated and brown sugars. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted and well blended. Remove from heat.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add eggs and mix well. If desired stir in OPTIONAL coconut and coconut flavoring.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets, stirring the dough in pan often. (Cookies spread considerably so don't crowd on cookie sheets. My 12" x 18" pans had room for just 12 cookies at a time.)
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edges are JUST BEGINNING to turn golden brown (see Photo #2 for top and bottom doneness.)
- Remove from oven and cool cookies 1-2 minutes ON COOKIE SHEETS; then remove from pans and cool on wire rack. (Do not leave on cookie sheets longer that 1-2 minutes or they will be difficult to remove.)
- OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat just until melted, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow to cool completely until chocolate is firm before attempting to store.
- Yield: About 4 1/2 dozen.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 23g|
|Recipe makes 54 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||40%|
|Total Fat 4.72g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.72g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 13.98g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|